Thursday, January 22, 2015

Almost 4 Years...

Geez, I can't believe it's been almost 4 years in our home and 3 years since I've last posted. Life sure has gotten away from me. As I am home sick today, supposedly working from home :) I found my self discussing the process of home building in a FB group which led me to find the link share all of our wonderful blogs about our experiences. In wanting to share, I found myself reading my blog and I couldn't help but smile as I read that very first entry. Reading my words sparked those memories from just a few short years ago and I could feel the excitement and nervousness I felt back then. I can truly say, these last few years have been an awesome experience with both highs and lows (both my husband and I lost our grandfather's in the same weekend just a day apart) :( We sure have had some growing pains as a couple but I'm happy to say we celebrated our 10 year wedding anniversary with a huge bbq that was pretty dang awesome!

Regarding our home, we have done a ton of things from, painting & decorating, redecorating (lol)extending our patio (it's huge now) to crown molding....if you ever want to test your marriage, install crown molding together. If you can make it through that, you can make it through anything. LOL (but so serious)! There are some things I would do over and some things I wouldn't for example, I regret upgrading the fireplace, love the way it looks but never use it (my gas bill does not love it). As well as things I wish I had done like, darker cabinets like my cabinets but should have gone darker. However, there is nothing too awful that we did or didn't do that doesn't cause me to look around in awe (even 4 years later) like wow, this is really my home...I so love my home.

Btw, the Hubby has put me on a 3 projects a year max. I have to think long and hard about my projects this year cause it's a test of our marriage each time I walk into Home Depot or Lowes...he is not very fond of my projects that become his projects on our "brand new home" as he calls it. LMBO!!!

Oh well, I just wanted to drop a few thought as I didn't feel it was right not to post while here. I'm off to go and try to actually do some work now.

Until next time....


Here are a few updated pics of our home.

Crown molding in formal living room and dining room.
 Before crown molding


Family room with crown molding sticking out the study waiting to be installed.
 
I found this inspiration online...I'm getting ready to update this again. I want the frames to be bigger.

 
 Family room with crown molding.
 
 Kitchen completed...excuse the brats.

Picture of our anniversary cake. DELISH!!!!

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Noey. How have things been in your neck of the woods? Any projects?

      Delete
  2. How long did it take you to install your crown. I have been back and forth on this for months!! And yeah my husband hates that I always have a "fun new project" lol. I can't help myself I don't wanna be one of those people with a big ol' house and it's empty and under decorated. I haven't blogged in months...perhaps I should.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Asia, sorry for the late response.

      We did it over the long 4th of July weekend, so about 3 days. We covered a lot of space so depending on the room it may only take a couple of hours. The hardest part is getting the cuts right. It's much harder than it seems. If you can find moulding with pre-cut corners I would buy that to greatly reduce the frustration that comes when you've cut 3 times and it's still not right. Lol

      Delete
    2. I certainly understand about the decorating part. I'm always looking around like how can we improve our look. He hates it. Lmbo. This year I think will be extremely easy for him because we just started pricing to have our counters done. If we go forward with the install, that will probably be the only thing we do this year. Oh, and getting the fridge I want. I really don't like the side by side that came with the house. So, maybe our project wilk be kitchen only. Although, I need to do some landscaping in the front and back but that's not a major project. At least I hope not. I was also thinking I should start blogging again so I say do it! ☺

      Delete
  3. my "to do" lists are so extensive LOL. i just wanna finish the loft this month. that's all lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not sure if you're still following this or not, but my wife and I are building a Rome and were curious on where you decided to put your TV in your master bedroom? We can't decide since the bed is off-center

    ReplyDelete
  5. Permit me to introduce you to LE-MERIDIAN FUNDING SERVICES. We are directly into pure loan and project(s) financing in terms of investment. We provide financing solutions to private/companies seeking access to funds in the capital markets i.e. oil and gas, real estate, renewable energy, Pharmaceuticals, Health Care, transportation, construction, hotels and etc. We can finance up to the amount of $900,000,000.000 (Nine Hundred Million Dollars) in any region of the world as long as our 1.9% ROI can be guaranteed on the projects.
    Le-Meridian Funding Service.
    (60 Piccadilly, Mayfair, London W1J 0BH, UK) Email Contact Info...lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com

    ReplyDelete