Thursday, I received a call from my NVR rep telling me rates had finally dropped back to 4.5% we were looking for. This I had already knew because I've been watching them like a hawk. I told her about the conversation I had with the pm and how he wanted to wait a week to give him a cushion. She said in her experience she had never heard of them not being able to finish a home by the settlement date once it was under roof. She also said that she thought I should take a chance and lock because the rate is paying back money that would go towards my closing. If we locked it would carry me to the 27th of June and if we needed a few more days they can just use that money to pay and hold the rate. If we don't go over than the money will be used at closing.
Soooo....I locked in at 4.5%! I feel like the rate pay back was the deciding factor and happy medium. Technically, he already pushed up my closing date from the original date given at the preconstruction meeting and his extra week would take it to the 29th. I'm so excited I got the rate I wanted!
In other news...
I turned in our 60 day notice to move by the 30th. This made it SO real...I mean we are really building and buying our first and maybe or last home.