Stephanie you asked for some tips for the walk through and this is what I did:
- Tap each of the cabinet doors to make sure they don't bounce or have dents in them
- Turn on all the light fixtures
- Ring the door bell
- Make sure all the exterior lights are working and are aligned straight
- If you received a washer and dryer run them while your there
- Test the temp in the freezer and fridge if it was provided by Ryan
- Make sure all the paint meets the trim in corners and around windows
- Check to see if your stove is level...we rocked ours last week and found it wasn't
- Make sure all the carpet is clean
- Check the door fixtures to confirm they are correct
- Same with the lighting fixtures
- Discuss any special outlets or custom request
I'm trying to think of all we did...but again because we had done walk throughs previously there wasn't anything for me to complain about. LOL! I would say the best thing is to just look for things that don't seem right and then ask questions. Doug told me he loved that we were at the house so much because we were his second and third pair of eyes, which sometimes they need.
The meeting lasted about 2 1/2 hours total, but I think a lot of it was because we were chatting. I had to sign some stuff for them about the 30 day and 10 month walk through as well as stuff about the lawn care...etc. I got my Ryan Homeowner book with all our user guides and contact information.
I did find out something surprising, when I pulled up these guys were working on my neighbors fence behind me which I didn't think anything of it until they started walking on my freshly laid sod...lol As I was giving them the side eye, Doug explained they were his subs moving her fence because it was on my property. He said they gave her a letter telling her she had until last Friday to move her fence off my property or they were going to take it down and move it. WOW! He said she never responded so they are moving it. I didn't really think it was a big deal because it was already there, but whatever. He said they had to in order for them to be able to let me close since it is a part of my property! Well ok Doug...lol! That pretty much sums up our meeting.
Rest assured that your PM is going to walk you through the whole house and outside to point out anything you should know.
|Here's our book.|
I found out from our PM that Ryan management is now fully aware of our blogs and are starting to monitor them for feedback!